Are you a motivated individual who enjoys a variety of activities to fill your day? Are you a dependable, self-starting, problem-solver who gets excited about technology? If yes, then MHTC is looking for you to join our team!
Located just 15 minutes west of Madison, WI, Mount Horeb Telephone Company, dba MHTC, is in search of a Network/IT Specialist that is energetic, self-directed and enjoys the challenge of IT. This individual will work directly with our IT support team, assisting end user with technical support, Systems Specialists and customers.
What we seek is a team-oriented, dynamic, self-starting and customer-focused Network/IT professional with a positive attitude. A courteous demeanor with professional conduct is required. If a challenging technical position with internal and external customer contact excites you and you have IT experience, combined with a passion for learning new technologies, let’s talk. This isn’t your normal position where you may be relegated to one facet of technology or repetitive tasks. Instead, you will be instrumental and have the chance to work in many technical areas.
Here’s how you will contribute:
- Evaluation of networking hardware devices and software
- Support second and third tier escalations for all operational outages in IP network and troubleshooting
- Learn, operate, and maintain IP network delivering IP network data and voice to deployed customer access network utilizing wireless, XDSL and FTTX technologies
- Configure, implement, maintain and troubleshoot LAN servers, user PC’s, and network connectivity hardware
- Maintain and/or improve network security and standards
- Develop and document system standards for customer premise equipment
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades
- Technical degree in an IT related field or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of networking infrastructure (wired and wireless), TCP/IP and Windows based servers and workstations and Linux based hardware
- Excellent communication skills
- Technical assistance to Operations groups 24 x 7, as needed
What’s in it for you? MHTC offers an excellent benefits package and salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. From the start you will be an integral team member to our group of 20 employees that work together providing a distinguished level of quality service to our customers.