for 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Opening the Network Preferences:
To access the Network settings, click the Apple logo, then System Preferences.
Click Add (+) at the bottom of the network connection services list, and choose PPPoE from the Interface pop-up menu.
From the Ethernet pop-up menu, choose Ethernet. For the Service Name enter “MHTC”, then click Create.
- Select the Connect using PPPoE option. (Leave the PPPoE Service Name field blank.)
- In the Account Name field, enter your username.
- In the Password field, enter your password.
- Check the Remember this password option.
- Click on the Advanced… button for more options.
Note: Setting the field Disconnect if idle for x minutes is not needed. There are no ramifications/extra charges for leaving the connection active, and most customers prefer to have their DSL always on. It is probably best to leave this selection disabled.
- Click the OK button.
- Click the Apply Now button to finish.
200 East Main Street – 437-5551
800-843-5827 – 608-437-6850
305 North Io